Negotiations between Congress and the White House for a fifth COVID-19 relief package failed to reach a compromise. Despite, the United States having surpassed over 160,000 deaths due to COVID-19 and a tremendous economic impact on vulnerable communities.
Right now, the Senate is in recess until September 7th. The Senate must immediately pass the COVID-19 relief package and ensure families are protected amidst this pandemic. We urge the Senate to secure these provisions approved by the House in its HEROES Act are included in the next COVID-19 relief package:
Ensure access to food:
- Increase SNAP’s maximum benefit by 15 percent from June 1, 2020, through September 30, 2021
- An increase for all SNAP households averaging about $25 per person per month
- Raise the minimum SNAP benefit from $15 per month to $30.
- Access to free COVID-19 testing and treatment by uninsured people, regardless of their immigration status.
- Immigrant taxpayers receive stimulus checks from previous relief bills.
- An extension of work permits and protection from deportation for immigrants
Ensure safe voting access:
- Allocate $3.6 billion for protective equipment and supplies needed to manage the 2020 elections, and protect voters’ and poll workers’ health.
We need your voice: Tell the Senate to provide relief to families impacted by COVID-19.