It’s been almost a year since the House introduced the NO BAN Act (H.R. 2214), which would repeal the Muslim Ban. Finally, the House of Representatives announced there will be a vote on the bill the week of March 9th. Poligon has worked tirelessly with partners in the NO BAN Act coalition to support the introduction of the bill in the House and Senate.
On February 21, 2020, the expanded Muslim Ban went into effect, which includes six additional countries, bringing the total to 13 banned countries. The Muslim Ban continues to separate tens of thousands of American families and violates our country’s constitution of religious freedom and equal rights under the law. Congress must pass the NO BAN Act and #RepealTheBan!
We need your voice: Tell Congress to speak out against the Muslim Ban and to pass the NO BAN Act!
WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW:
- Sign our sponsored petition to send Congress a message to end Trump’s Muslim Ban and guarantee immigrants equal treatment under the law. Click here to sign the petition.
- Call Congress to pass the NO BAN act: Call your Representative (call 202-224-3121) now and urge them end the Muslim Ban.
- Sample Call Script: Hello, my name is ______ and I’m a constituent of Senator/Representative _____. I’m calling to ask you to oppose the latest expansion to the Muslim Travel Ban and to vote to pass the NO BAN Act. The Muslim Travel Ban does not represent American values and it violates our Constitution. This ban must not be tolerated as it harms the Muslim and faith community. I urge Senator/Representative _____ to speak against the Muslim Ban and repeal the ban by supporting the No Ban Act. Will the Senator/Representative do so?
- Make a donation to help fight this discrimination: Become a donor so we can continue to increase Muslim American engagement on Capitol Hill. You can also make a bigger impact by sharing our donation page on your social media platform.
- Stay updated: Click here for resources on the Muslim Ban, which includes guides of what countries are currently restricted, ban exemption and waivers for entry.