Congress is moving quickly to pass the next COVID-19 relief package this week, as COVID-19 has now claimed more than 500,000 lives, and disproportionately impacted high numbers of Black and Brown lives! This is the time to act. You may have heard of the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package, a comprehensive legislation known as the “American Rescue Plan”.
The American Rescue Plan will:
- Increase access to vaccinations, COVID-19 testing, and PPE;
- Extend Unemployment Insurance, food assistance, and stimulus checks;
- Extend eviction and foreclosure moratoria;
- Provide financial support for small businesses and school reopening plans;
- Increase the minimum wage to $15/hour, and much more!
Find your Representative and urge them to support the American Rescue Plan! The livelihood of American families are at stake, and it is up to us to hold our Members of Congress accountable.